By Darrell Devaul: Senior Editor: PoweringU
Everyone has a special dream that they want to come true. However, most of the people do not have the skills or the power to make their dreams come true. As a result, they start to expect the same thing from their kids. Over the past few years, it has been noticed that most of the parents are trying to live through their kids by making them achieve the goals they were not able to. You might be wondering that how this happens, here let us share a famous example with you.
Lavar Ball Controversy Recently, it has been reported that the LiAngelo with two of his friends were found shoplifting in China. Due to the incident they were not only punished in China but also Lavar Ball had to pull his son out of UCLA because they were not planning to have him on the team.
Now you will be amazed to know that Lemelo, the other son of Lavar ball is still being trained to attended UCLA the next year. However, the authorities say that there are going to be no Lavar Ball boys in UCLA anymore.
Lavar Ball is determined to make a better place for his son in the team. It is a fact that he loves his son but if we look closely we will notice that he is also trying to live some of his dreams through his kids.
More broken dreams:
Most of the parents are living through their kids without knowing it. Parents do not know that they are the reason their kids are developing some negative habits.
• When the parents are pushy, kids lose the ability to share their thoughts and dreams with their parents
• They feel that they are bound to accomplish something that will make their parents happy. They try to give their best and unfortunately if they are unable to accomplish the goals there will be more broken dreams and the vicious cycle will start once again • It has been noticed that children suicidal cases have been increased because parents are pushing them to do something that they never wanted
• Kids try to make their dreams come true without letting their parents know
• Due to continuing stress some of the kids are suffering from depression and that is why they have adopted some bad habits
• Parents often lose their respect
In case that you are unable to fulfill your dreams, it does not mean that you should make your kids accomplish them. There are chances that your kids will have some of their own dreams that they want to accomplish. In case of Lavar Ball’s case there are chances that LiAngelo did this on purpose to assure that he will be kicked out of the team, so he can pursue his own dreams. It is advised that parents should try to be more supportive. They should give their kids the freedom to pursue their dreams and guide them when they are going wrong.
Posted on 12/11/2017 at 06:36 PM